At Mack we share with other Christians the following fundamental beliefs. We believe that:
- The Bible is God’s infallible word to all people of all times. It is the supreme source of truth and is a completely reliable revelation of God.
- The Bible is the final authority in all matters of doctrine and conduct.
- There is the one uncreated God. The three persons of the godhead, Father, Son and Holy Spirit are co-eternal and co-equal. God is the creator of the universe and loves the world.
- The Son, Jesus Christ, became fully human through the incarnation. He lived a sinless life and died as a perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by his death on the cross. He rose from the dead to demonstrate his power over sin, death and evil; he ascended to heaven to sit at the right hand of his Father and is ruling now as Lord of all. He one day will visibly return to earth in his glory.
- The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is actively present in the world today bringing men and women to Christ through conviction of sin. He lives in every person who has confessed Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour; he enables them to live the Christian life, guides in the truth and empowers them.
- All human beings, although created in the image of God, are separated from Him because of sin, with which all are born. They themselves are powerless to get right with God.
- Salvation is a gift from a gracious and loving God and can be obtained only by personally trusting in Jesus Christ as Saviour, through his atoning and sacrificial death.
There is a detailed ‘Statement of Doctrines and Practices‘ as Incorporated in the Church’s Trust Deeds’ over 100 years ago, including Bible references.